Saturday, November 04, 2006

100 NL - afternoon session

Up $127.50 but lost a crucial coin flip on the river ($41.00). Pocket Jacks all-in against short stack's AK. A on the river. I guess you can't win them all ... but I really, really want to :) Short stacks are bound to lose it eventually ... the just don't have any leverage with which to play.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?593390


Overall, I was just making good plays and getting paid. Bankroll is now $2983.00 I'm going to take out $183 and leave myself with $2,800.

I played really tight (maybe because I was tired). VPIP of 13 and PFR of 8. I ended up with 13.28 BB/100 Hands.

One hand where I could have gotten some value was this one, but I just didn't see what I could beat given the board.

AA in EP: http://www.pokerhand.org/?593357

Limp, raise pot by me, call call. This is an ok flop, so I lead right into it. Call call.

Now ... what could they have? Trips is certainly possible. Flush draw. Pocket 3's. My Aces don't look so hot. We both check the turn to Guliker who bets something which is a joke into the pot. Call, call.

The river is a Queen. This is where I should have pot in a blocking bet of around $20. Instead it's check-check-check and Aces hold up. Guliker had KK! He didn't re-raise it from the button. No player making this play will be a winning player in the long run.

Table Image and Setting up Future Plays.

The made flush: http://www.pokerhand.org/?593363

There, enzomanic led into me and I raised him with a very good hand. He ended up losing $41.00 on that hand (due to his horrendous river play).

Now ... fast forward. I have 99 and raise. He calls me.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?593370


Flop comes T-7-5. He bets out into the pot - $5.00. I make it $14. Now ... if he has something like AT, KT, A7 or something else, he can't really call my raise. I could have Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks. I could have a set already. I raised him with the nuts last time so he has to keep that in mind this time. He does the right thing by folding.

Even if he calls my re-raise, my hand still has a lot of showdown value. If he has AT, he definitely can't call a second barrell on the turn (for something like $27) - it's a losing play for him. Also, he is out of position when making that play.

The Power of Position

Floating with 88 on the button: http://www.pokerhand.org/?593379

I elect to just call on the button. He does the right thing by checking a VERY scary board. He check, I bet and I win. If I was out of position there, it would be a lot harder to float.

I would check on the flop, he bets, I call, and then I would have to lead out. Life is better on the button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home