Friday, February 02, 2007

Destroyed at 2/4

Yesterday I got my ars handed to me at 2/4. A lot of it was me making bad reads, but a lot of it was me losing some $900+ coinflips. So ... I decided to go down to $1/$2 and rebuild there until I have enough to move back up. The games are so much less aggressive at 1/2 ... it's crazy.

Here is a hand I played today at 1/2 vs. a super aggro player:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?788522

I 3-bet him pre-flop because of his really loose range. I flop a full house and decide to check repping QQ or KK. He flat calls. I then weak bet the turn and call his min raise. I lead out really weak into the river as a fake blocking bet allowing him to shove (which he does). I call and he's got trash.

This is just pretty - the gift in the BB. I actually took some $$ with it as well.



Here I flop the dummy end of the straight with a flush draw. The guy has two pair - top and bottom - and gets it all-in for over a buy-in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?788604

Me with ~5 buy-ins at a 1/2 table:


Brian recommended that I do the following things:
  • Have a stop-loss limit of 3 buy-ins. After that, I'm done for the day.
  • Decrease my bets on the turn and river and for the most part give up out of position.
  • Take free cards when given the chance to do so.
  • Don't CB into two ore more people without some kind of hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home