Monday, April 30, 2007

$0.75 hands ...

I had a lot of fun last night playing live poker at a friends house.

The stakes were very small - $0.10/$0.20 blinds with a max buy-in of $10. It was 4-handed and most of them are used to a really passive game with seeing a lot of flops. I decided to play like 80/50 or so - super aggro and super loose (TP = the nuts, all draws = the nuts, etc). I would play very aggressive OOP and control the pot in position. One of my friends who also plays on FTP was playing a style very similar to mine and the two of us were kind of running over the table.

So like an hour into it I have QhTh OTB and make it my standard $0.75 raise. A super loose/passive player calls from the SB and the flop comes Kh 5h 9c. He bets out $1.50 and I immediately put him all in (he didn't have much more - like $4.00 behind). He was visibly frustrated and called with A5o. 7h turns FTW.

I start laughing at him for leading out and calling my all in with A5 and he frustratingly responds:

"I just know you don't have $0.75 hands EVERY time!"

I found his statement very funny and it once again illustrated why LAG players get paid off nicely. LAG = fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home