Monday, September 08, 2008

100NL FR results over 20K hands ...

For the time being I'm going to blog here as the CR blogs still have a lot of formatting issues which I'm very picky about, so ... I will give this a spin again.

For starters, here are my current FR numbers on Stars:

And here is my graph:

Now - there is a lot of variance there as at first I was pretty lost in a lot of situations. I'm just now starting to find my way around them. Some of the issues I had when transitioning from 6-max:

1. What type of hands should I open from what position?

2. What types of boards do I need to c-bet vs. what type of players?

3. How many tables should I play and how should I pick them?

4. When should I get away from hands?

And ... what I feel is the most challenging thing:

5. How do I play more than 12 tables effectively?

As of now, I find that I'm able to put in some long sessions at FR in ways that I never could at 6-max. While 6-max can definitely be more profitable than FR, it also often leaves me pretty mentally spent as I have to do a lot more thinking and I'm just not able to play that many tables. Since I want to get SuperNova on Stars by the end of the year, I figured I needed to do something which would be sustainable and that I could grind every day.

All that said, I'm excited about my start so far. I still have miles to go but I feel like my overall learning of FR is heading in the right direction. I hope to offer more insight into it in the upcoming days/weeks/months.

4 Comments:

Blogger Razboynik said...

Hi Verneer !
Great blog. I'm glad that you decided to move your blog.
I also find that 6 max is mentally very draining, and also ocassionally play FR. The players at FR at the small limits are terrible, and so predictable. The only minus is the amount of shortstackers (ipoker network).
Good luck.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Jan Verhulst said...

Hey Pawel,

Can you add a link to my blog on your page : http://coaxpoker.blogspot.com ?

I'm into running (triathlon actually) as well ! By the way , you can hook me up for those hand history reviews ;-)

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice graph at FR. I have a question. Do you know whatever happened to that Adam guy that kept a blog back in 07 called Power of a Poker Mind? He stopped updating when he reached 5/10 so i lost touch with him. Is he still doin good? Anyways, nice blog and keep it up.

Dan

12:55 AM  
Blogger FTBR said...

Hey Verneer, I'm really hoping you stick with FR cos I would love to see some FR videos on CRs at some stage? I have learned heaps from your 6 Max stuff thus far however I play FR. Cheers.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home