Sunday, December 17, 2006

100 NL

After playing 200 NL for a while I realized that I have too many leaks to play at that level right now. The two biggest leaks right now are:
  • Not firing a second barrel into a pot because the board is scary. This leads people who float me to catch up on the river and then I end up paying them off. Brian (HyperAggrDonk) noticed this and mentioned that when I am raised on the turn, I am probably beat at this point. Otherwise, I should just fire. Horrendous play and a massive leak.
Example 1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?675814

Example 2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?675818
  • Getting away from overpairs. There were some spots in 200 NL where I got away from overpairs because I thought I was beat. Basically, I was playing scared and not gambling enough. Play like that will get me eaten alive on the higher level. I need to felt KK and AA much more often.
  • Navigating through medium pots with medium hands. Like TPGK, etc.
So I dropped down to 100NL last night and will stay there until I get up to $6000 and have more leeway to gamble.

Despite some mistakes, I ran really well over the short 100NL session (mostly due to holding huge hands in huge pots).

Time: 2.8 hours
Hands: 785
Amount Won: $316
Bankroll: $4031.65

VPIP: 17; PFR: 13; AF: 6.5; BB/100: 20.14; MT Ratio: 3.13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home