Friday, September 12, 2008

Need a Dell Charger ...

I'm at Atlantic Beach in North Carolina until Tuesday. My wife's best friend from childhood always comes up here with her family in September and this year we decided to come visit them. My internet access here is dialup so no poker for a couple of days. I don't mind - I will just do some writing when I have time.

One problem is that I forgot to bring my charger for my laptop. I'm currently writing on a friend's MacBook but really need my Dell. So ... do places like Radioshack sell chargers for laptops? What can I do about it? I could technically just use this MacBook, but I would rather use my computer if possible. Any advice would be really appreciated.

I've also been thinking about how much easier some decisions seem to be when you are coaching/sweating a person vs. actually playing. I think the main reason for this is that when sweating/coaching, the whole decision process is much more academic/objective rather than emotional. Thus, you're able to stay on your A-game pretty much 100% of the time. The sessions are shorter too, and you tend to be more focused. The same is true when you are making a video - you simply need to be on your A-game and thus tend to play close to optimal poker.

So - if you haven't do it yet, get in the habit of sweating your friends and having them sweat you. The experience is simply invaluable and bound to make both of you better. Talking about hands and keeping one another in check will expedite your learning process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home